• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Summa GoProduce or Onyx Cutserver adding thousands of nodes??

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Long story short - I've just discovered that files that pass through Onyx/CutServer and are sent to our Summa F1612 / GoProduce are being ruined by adding thousands of nodes where they don't belong.

Am I missing a setting in Onyx that says "please ruin my cut files and turn 4 points into 500"?

Screenshots attached of the design file in Corel, and how it comes into GoProduce only when it passes through Onyx CutServer.

Just to make matters more interesting, I can take that same file and bypass Onyx (By importing cut only file directly into GoProduce) and it will appear exactly as it does in Corel, with 4 nodes for a circle and 8 nodes for a rectangle w/ radius corners.

This is a just a simplified test/experiment - the actual job we just ran/ruined was with much more complex panels w/ printed acrylic. (yay reprints)

No idea when this started or why, but it makes circles and all inside shapes cut like crap with the router. Reduce nodes/clean up file "feature" in Go Produce just makes shapes look even worse.

Any thoughts/theories? I'm out of ideas on this one.

Attachments

• Corel_Screenshot.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 49
  • GoProduce_Screenshot.jpg
    GoProduce_Screenshot.jpg
    740.8 KB · Views: 89

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I've never heard of GoProduce... aside from adding a zillion nodes, what's the differences between that and GoSign Pro? I see you have several jobs open in there - in GoSign I can only have one job at a time open.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I've never heard of GoProduce... aside from adding a zillion nodes, what's the differences between that and GoSign Pro? I see you have several jobs open in there - in GoSign I can only have one job at a time open.
Count yourself lucky, it's pretty painful to use. It lets us have 10 jobs open at once though, yay! That's 10 files that it can destroy and 10 pieces of material that we can add to the dumpster.
So many bugs it's not even funny. As soon as you've selected your material and spent a few minutes assigning right router bits and getting your settings just right, you can no longer edit any shapes or do anything to manipulate file. And it will re-assign your start points for your shapes. You have to go through the steps in just the right order, otherwise you're starting over.

Oh and I just discovered that routing conventional vs climb will create different size parts! So a 4" x 4" cut using climb will come out at 4.035" and using conventional will come out at 4.005". Super accurate.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Count yourself lucky, it's pretty painful to use. It lets us have 10 jobs open at once though, yay! That's 10 files that it can destroy and 10 pieces of material that we can add to the dumpster.
So many bugs it's not even funny. As soon as you've selected your material and spent a few minutes assigning right router bits and getting your settings just right, you can no longer edit any shapes or do anything to manipulate file. And it will re-assign your start points for your shapes. You have to go through the steps in just the right order, otherwise you're starting over.

Oh and I just discovered that routing conventional vs climb will create different size parts! So a 4" x 4" cut using climb will come out at 4.035" and using conventional will come out at 4.005". Super accurate.
Your observation about conventional vs climb is accurate on most machines has more to do with bit geometry and speed then the software. Climb cutting on an OFlute UPcut bit can cause the bit to flare out because the cutting edge is not cutting but actually grinding away at the material.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Your observation about conventional vs climb is accurate on most machines has more to do with bit geometry and speed then the software. Climb cutting on an OFlute UPcut bit can cause the bit to flare out because the cutting edge is not cutting but actually grinding away at the material.
Also very interesting, thanks. I believe we're using a single flute UC bit but I'll have to check. I wish I had time and energy to learn more about routing, it's just been a frustrating "get it done" journey since we got this thing and I find myself cursing it every time we need to efficiently get anything done with this machine.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
This is for legacy cutters:

Thanks Christian, hadn't dug that deep in quickset advanced settings before.

I've attached a screenshot of our settings - should this be checked then? (It appears this way on all our quicksets for all our printers)

The weird thing is we've been running jobs through this quickset / workflow for 3+ years and have never had an issue before with cut files getting messed up.

I've found a workaround (creating manual marks in Corel and exporting a print only & cut only file) which eliminates the issue, but still not ideal for any sort of production efficiency.