• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa not cutting the last part of my mural?

Tuanny

Hello guys the summa s2 is not cutting the last part of my mural for some reason not sure why. I have have paneling set to On. The machine before was unrolling my whole roll of media before cutting so the distributor recommended me to turn on paneling and that fixed my problem. but now its not cutting the last little section of the job and it just always on the last piece i have highlighted in red. not sure what's causing this.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 286

FrankW

What software do you use? Sometimes, with Flexi, a wrong or missing "end of file"-command have leaded to that the cutter don´t cut the last panel. This problem is solvable, but wont explain it without evidence that you use Flexi (no time).

If it is really the red marked line only, leaving a little bit more media at the end of the job or switching off the back media sensor could help too.

natallica

Graphics Guru
Had this very same issue with our S160T for a couple years now.
Finally chatted to Phil @ Airmark and his tech said it was probably associated with the main PCB needing replaced because of age (2009).
The owner decided to get us a brand new S2160 OPOS-CAM to alleviate fixing the old one in case of further issues.

...the new S2 did this very thing yesterday.

We are running Flexi (21) as well, if this problem is solvable, I'd love to know how it's done.

PS. I'm not telling the owner just yet...he's gonna say 'call the guy' (meaning Grimco tech support) and I'm almost certain they'll have no idea how to remedy this.

Definitely following this!
-N8

Tuanny

Sorry not sure sure how to run the job in reverse? But i ran 3 jobs today and it had the same problem but this time it didn't cut on the last little part on the left side instead of right as it has been for the past couple of jobs. I only print and cut with onyx 19 havent used gosign or winplot before. contacted grimco support and he wasn't sure what's going on and said he will talk to summa and onyx to see what's going on.

Christian @ 2CT Media

There is an option in onyx cut server to rotate 180 degrees. If you load the panel backwards and rotate to cut. If it skips the first little section it might be a close of file issue, of it skips the last little section again it could be a memory issue.

Tuanny

so summa said:
It looks like machine is being re-set. At the point where it stops cutting, there is a change in status on the LCD screen and the machine goes to search for the pinch rollers. We would need to see what is the status change on the LCD to see if there is any useful in formation.

So I decided to look a the screen near the end of the cut and noticed the screen changed to “Insert media and lower pinch rollers”
I recoded and sent them the video waiting for a solution now from them.