• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa pen tool

JPR-5690

I'm experimenting with a personal project in my spare time and trying to use the pen tool on our Summa s2 t160 to create some drawings.

There's not really much documentation on the pen tool in the Summa manual or in the software manuals (Caldera for print and cut, MacSign Cut/WinPlot for og cutting) – is there any way to use it to color in filled areas? All I've been able to do so far is get it to draw outlines.

Jester

Slow is Fast
I don't have a Summa or use your RIP, but just thinking off the top of my head...
You could use a CAM post processor (winplot, in your case?) to define tool paths which would draw the outline and then color in the interior of your outlines, similar to machining a pocket on a router.
If your winplot only cuts outlines, does the Summa accept g-code, or have post processors available for other CAM programs to create paths in its native language?