• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa pinch roller sources?

Todd-sta

I have a Summa cutter that needs new pinch rollers. Summa wants $130 for two of these. Seems pricey to me. Is this the going rate? Are they available at other dealers at a discounted - less than retail rate?

Thanks.

sarge

i paid that 1 time thinking it needed to be done (stupid me) .. anyway, i cleaned them off with this citris(sp) tac remover .. i used it about 4 times then clean them off 1 more time with windex and my problem was solved .. i still have them just in case

ChiknNutz

The rubber on my pinch wheels is pretty hard and the tracking doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be. I've had mine for about 6 yrs now, don't these go bad after a while?

sarge

gosh i am not sure .. i have had my d60 for maybe 10 years or so .. it is a work horse .. my rollers were slippery so i cleaned them off very good .. and now that i am thinking about it may have scuffed them a bit with a scotchbright pad or something simular .. that was 2 or 3 years ago

Todd-sta

I talked to a few different Summa personnel, and yep... that's the price...about $65 each. Drats.... well, I'll get them because I need them... the current ones have permanent flat spots in them from sitting unused, with the rollers engaged for the past five years at the prior owners place.

Other than that...it works like a charm.

ColesCreations

I don't think it matters that they're hard, ours are also 10 years old, on a T-140, still works fine.
Flat-spots is another story- how about boiling one in water and see if it regains its shape? Can't hurt, and if it does not, you still have to buy a new one...