• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa S 120 T sawtooth cut

petit

Hello everybody

I own a Summa S 120 T cutter and i'm facing a problem after i had to unscrew and lift up the tangential clamp (loosing 4 scews see pict) to remove a tangential blade wich was blocked alone.
After mounting up everything the cutting is not horrible in sawtooth.

Can anyone know what is now wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1635351089477.jpg
    1635351089477.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 1635350982282.jpg
    1635350982282.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 182

FrankW

This could happen if the knife origin (correct orientation of the knife in cutting direction) is wrong.

The way to adjust it is described in the user manual, section 2.2.4 (can be downloaded at www.summa.eu ). You will find the knife calibration-function when choosing the button „Configuration“ and then „Tests & Setup“ (S-Class 2005 - 2013).

I hope it helps, and there is nothing damaged. When I lost a knife in the knife holder, I try to remove it with a magnetized screw driver.

Saturn

Aging Member
Page 65 of the PDF shows the origin setting. I agree with Frank that it might help in this case, although it could be that it just didn't quite go back together as intended and you may have more tinkering to do.

petit

hy thanks for the reply but i already done those set ups but they are useless in that situation.
After posting this post i have made a lot of testing without any better results.
Then i have try to check the balance of the blade holder in the tangential clamp and have look at the tangential rotation belt whih looked untight, so i unscrewed the 4 screws of the clamp again and find out that there is an original nesting position of the clamp, a natural fit so the head of the blade holder is perpendicular to the cutting strip and the belt is tight up right. Finding this setting i have screwed the 2 right screw then the left one and the up side one at the end not too tight this last one.

I have made i few test after than and it was from night to day light, setting the plotter to 110 cut force i got deep and clear cut. I will cut again tomorrow but i'm quite sure it's all ok now.

I'll make an update here if the problem comes again

THANKS