• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa S Class T Series 140 Skewing

Kate

Hi guys,

I have a Summa S Class T Series 140, and the vinyl is skewing as it goes back into the machine. This is before it even starts to cut.

I have checked to make sure that the vinyl is secured in the rollers, the pinch rollers are all down and on the material (FDC 4500), I have reduced the speed thinking it might help, I have tightened up the bars on the back that hold the vinyl, I have cleaned both the rollers and the gold grips.

Is there anything else I can do to get the vinyl to run straight again? The vinyl skews an inch over 5 feet.

Thank you for your help or advice you might have.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Are your pinch rollers all in the correct positions?

(Sorry to ask) Is the vinyl being loaded perfectly straight?

If you lift pinch rollers and adjust/compensate for the skew, does it correct the issue or still walk in the same direction?

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
If you can post a video of the cutter tracking the material I am sure I can figure out why it is drifting on you. Depending on the age of the cutter, it's possible you may need some new pinch rollers(just the outer two are critical for tracking/feeding) but there are couple other things you could try first before swapping out the rollers.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

Kate

Are your pinch rollers all in the correct positions?

(Sorry to ask) Is the vinyl being loaded perfectly straight?

If you lift pinch rollers and adjust/compensate for the skew, does it correct the issue or still walk in the same direction?
The pinch rollers are in the correct positions. I have moved and put them back in place 3 times.

I have pulled the vinyl tight from the roll, so I knew what straight was and have looked at the little lines on both front and back and they line up.

I lifted one of the middle pinch rollers up and it still walked.

Kate

If you can post a video of the cutter tracking the material I am sure I can figure out why it is drifting on you. Depending on the age of the cutter, it's possible you may need some new pinch rollers(just the outer two are critical for tracking/feeding) but there are couple other things you could try first before swapping out the rollers.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
Ok, so funny story?

I turned the Summa off to have lunch and write this post. I have now just turned it back on and it is working fine again. Thats without me touching anything except the on button.

Thank you for your help.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Sometimes that's all it takes lol. Glad it's back up and running! Feel free to contact me anytime if there's anything I can do to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com