• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S160 D series Cutter not lowering at all.

Maxphobia

I recently had to change the ribbon because it was damaged and wasn't reading any rollers. Got that all changed out and it was working perfectly. Did a few test cuts no problem, now I loaded a job and sent it and and it worked good until it went to cut off the material I noticed it didn't actually cut the material off the roll. Looking closer at it it didn't even cut the vinyl at all. So I did a test thinking maybe the knife pressure wasn't enough some how? Thats when I noticed it wasn't moving the knife carriage at all. So I tried to send the file again and the whole carriage moves like its cutting but the blade carriage doesn't move at all. Any help would be greatly apricated.

cornholio

Replug the flat cable on both sides and be sure to close the locking mechanism. If it doesnt't help check the coils resistance.