• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S160T stops cutting after 1 panel

Chasez

Hey All,

We've had our S160T for almost 10 years now and just started to have an issue with it. First started when I was running Winxp SP3, but couple months ago upgraded the computer to win 7pro and I thought that could help the issue, but no luck. The issue is that once you cut a panel and want to sent another it's like it loses connection. I'm running GSP Omega software (v5.0.0.73) and the GSP plt 5.0 for output. After you cut a panel, the GQ Manager still shows the S160T there but the red connection light on the back of the plotter where the USB cable is connected goes out. The files go into the spoil then disappear. The only way that I've found is to either restart the computer, or unplug the USB cable from the plotter and plug back in, and the red light goes back on and can cut like nothing ever happened.... It's starting to be a REAL big pain in the A**, I'm just lucky that the end with the cables is right beside my desk, but there's got to be a solution to this rather than unplugging the cable every time I want to cut a panel. I've done firmware updates
(
S Class Firmware, MD9980 Revision 038) from Summausa.com and that doesn't solve the issue. All Omega products are up to date as well.

Please help my sanity!

Chaz

Ursta Graphics

1. Click on "Start" and then right-click on "My Computer."
  2. Click on "Properties" and then on the "Hardware" tab.
  3. Half-way down on the right, click on "Device Manager."
  4. Click the "plus" sign in front of "Universal Serial Bus Controllers."
  5. Double-Click on the first "USB Root Hub" (not USB 2.0 Root Hub).
  6. Click on the "Power Management" tab.
  7. Uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
  8. Click "OK" and repeat for all other "USB Root Hubs."

I had a similar problem with mine before and this solved my issue... may help you as well. If the usb goes into hibernation it kills communication and would always cause me to
have to re-start.

Hope this may help you.

-Ursta

Chimuka

I would download Summa Winplot from the Summa site. Then export your cut file as an ai. This would bypass the Gerber software and maybe tell the story of what's not working properly.

Chasez

1. Click on "Start" and then right-click on "My Computer."
  2. Click on "Properties" and then on the "Hardware" tab.
  3. Half-way down on the right, click on "Device Manager."
  4. Click the "plus" sign in front of "Universal Serial Bus Controllers."
  5. Double-Click on the first "USB Root Hub" (not USB 2.0 Root Hub).
  6. Click on the "Power Management" tab.
  7. Uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
  8. Click "OK" and repeat for all other "USB Root Hubs."

I had a similar problem with mine before and this solved my issue... may help you as well. If the usb goes into hibernation it kills communication and would always cause me to
have to re-start.

Hope this may help you.

-Ursta

Thanks Ursta! This seems to fix the problem. Hopefully thats all it was!

Chaz

Chasez

Thanks Ursta! This seems to fix the problem. Hopefully thats all it was!

Chaz

I think I spoke too soon. I'm having the same issue now. I will have to try with a different cable now... hoping this works!

Thanks for the input!

Chaz