• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa s2 140 help large cutting amounts

SameDay Signs

I use flexi and add the opus marks to the prints but for example if im doing 500 pieces how can i print 100 and register them and then duplicate 5 times without having to manually go to cutter set over first mark....then after cutting set over second mark and so on....is there a way to mark and then send to print so im not getting up constantly to do the next section?

FrankW

Do you print with Flexi too? Which version of Flexi do you have? Depending on the version Flexi supports OPOS Barcode, this will help to do batch jobs completely automatically, even with different jobs.

If your problem is accuracy, yoi can do OPOS panelling too. With OPOS Panelling activated, the cutter will read the first 4 marks, will cut everything between them, will read the third marker row, will cut everything between the second and the third marker row, and so on. This will avoid long runs in the job, and will lead to more accuracy.

SameDay Signs

I have flexi cloud so latest version so definitely have it I for sure need a tutorial we do so many decals and constantly running to do next is hard…. Barcode you say?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Go into default job settings, cutter section and change marks to OPOS Barcode.
Then after printing you load the roll in the cutter and press "Barcode" on the display. Point the knife below the barcode and let it read it. It will cut a whole roll on its own if you don't stop it.

SameDay Signs

Go into default job settings, cutter section and change marks to OPOS Barcode.
Then after printing you load the roll in the cutter and press "Barcode" on the display. Point the knife below the barcode and let it read it. It will cut a whole roll on its own if you don't stop it.
going to sound stupid but so i can easily change to barcode mode...does that mean i then have to go into flexi and cut with cutter? right now im just sending it to cutter through flexi and it is using the program to cut and pressure speed ect....not really familiar with using the controls on the cutter itself...all i know if i do over 1 million stickers a year and this is so time consuming and def not super effecient lol

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You don't touch flexi after printing if you use barcode. You just keep it open in the background.
I'm pretty sure that it will use cutter settings when using barcode but Not 100% sure. It might still get them with the job from flexi.

SameDay Signs

You don't touch flexi after printing if you use barcode. You just keep it open in the background.
I'm pretty sure that it will use cutter settings when using barcode but Not 100% sure. It might still get them with the job from flexi.
i will have to play a little today and maybe tomorrow with it to see cause i mean we do a ton of decals and honestly it is such a waste of time how we have it setup right now...thank you for the tips