• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2 D140 marker

SameDay Signs

So i have a S2 140 and trying to contour cut and the marks are reading on the left side but whenever it goes over to the right side it is going to far over....It then scans itself and goes until it picks it up but it slightly off cutting left to right now due to it having to come back to find the mark....Why would this be when ive cut the same file hundreds of times? Everything i add marks to it reads left side fine but then goes to far over on the left? Please help we do ALOT of decals and are completely lost

we are cutting out of flexi

SameDay Signs

So i have a S2 140 and trying to contour cut and the marks are reading on the left side but whenever it goes over to the right side it is going to far over....It then scans itself and goes until it picks it up but it slightly off cutting left to right now due to it having to come back to find the mark....Why would this be when ive cut the same file hundreds of times? Everything i add marks to it reads left side fine but then goes to far over on the left? Please help we do ALOT of decals and are completely lost

we are cutting out of flexi
reads the right side and moves to far on left - misspoke a little

rjssigns

Could be a corrupt file or something in Flexi doing it. Just because it's worked many times doesn't mean it will keep working.
Flexi does not like any clutter in Production Manager. Flexi also does not like multiple files being open.
Clean out the print and cut ques then shut PM down.
Close all open files in Flexi and shut it and the computer down and walk away.
When you come back turn computer on then scan and defrag the computer and fire up Flexi.

Could also be a piece of dirt on the Summa's sensor.

FrankW

Regularly, if sending a contour cutting job, the estimated positions of the markers are uploaded to the cutter. It could happen that there is a deviation between the estimated and the real position of the markers because of media shrinking and so on, but this should be compensated by the cutter (thats the main sense of OPOS). But this should not lead to unprecise cutting.

Have you perhaps printed the decals and have changed anything before generating the cutting file?