• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa S2 t120

NPSigns

i recently purchase a summa plotter, and i can't figure it out how to do the contour cut with flexisign 21 software
does anyone know how to solve this problem i been watched almost all the youtube video about it but seems that nobody do it with flexisign
a would appreciate all your suggestions

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We just recently got this plotter too! I love it. Unfortunately, I don't use flexi. I've been using onyx cut server for print cuts printed on the Epson, and Go sign (which should come with it). The free version of go sign is unimpressive. We ended up paying for the pro version of Go sign, because we wanted to utilize our printing capabilities of our agfa Annapurna (asanti) rip and the Summa. So, for that we use gosign to pull in the cut file generated by asanti. I know others use win plot.

As I said, I don't know flexi... Can you add your plotter? To generate a cut file, that you can pull into compatible cutting software, to send to the plotter?

GC Decor

Super Printer
Did you guys buy new ?? Long wait ? We ordered a new T2 160 on Dec 7 and still haven’t got it, told it would be late Feb or March. Crazy world

FrankW

Whats the problem exactly? Your problem description is like „my car is not running“, what can have any reason from „no fuel“ up to „motor exploded“.

How do you create the cut contours? Do you print out of Flexi too?

So much questions.

NPSigns

Whats the problem exactly? Your problem description is like „my car is not running“, what can have any reason from „no fuel“ up to „motor exploded“.

How do you create the cut contours? Do you print out of Flexi too?

So much questions.
hello Frank my problem exactly is that the cutter didn't recognize the marks that the software put it on and i follow all the calibration media and OPOS calibration and still nothing im looking for someone in the area and see what im doing wrong

NPSigns

Did you guys buy new ?? Long wait ? We ordered a new T2 160 on Dec 7 and still haven’t got it, told it would be late Feb or March. Crazy world
i buy it used but it was a bargain i paid 1,500 and works better than the vinyl express that i have

FrankW

hello Frank my problem exactly is that the cutter didn't recognize the marks that the software put it on and i follow all the calibration media and OPOS calibration and still nothing im looking for someone in the area and see what im doing wrong

You can do a media calibration to have a look if the sensor works (will give an error if no contrast is sensed).

Check first if the media calibration value is set to the default 30 . You can set a known value, or measure it.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
I would agree with Frank and say you need to do a media/OPOS calibration in this case to see if the sensor is functioning correctly. You will need some black vinyl in order to do this calibration. It is possible the sensor itself could be defective, or there could be a loose connection with the OPOS cable and that may need to be reseated, but until you run the calibration it would be hard to determine what is causing the sensor not to detect the marks.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

FrankW

But, if the Pre-Owner has set the media adjustment value to any special value for any special application it could be helpful to check the media calibration value and set it to default (30) if neccessary.

NPSigns

But, if the Pre-Owner has set the media adjustment value to any special value for any special application it could be helpful to check the media calibration value and set it to default (30) if neccessary.
Thank you for the time you spend your knowledge with me Frank, i just got in agreement with the person that i purchase it from he's changing me that machine for a graphtec FC 8600

NPSigns

I would agree with Frank and say you need to do a media/OPOS calibration in this case to see if the sensor is functioning correctly. You will need some black vinyl in order to do this calibration. It is possible the sensor itself could be defective, or there could be a loose connection with the OPOS cable and that may need to be reseated, but until you run the calibration it would be hard to determine what is causing the sensor not to detect the marks.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
Hi Phil thank you i just got so tired of trying everything in my knowledge but at the end the guy is changing me a Graphtec FC8600for that one this coming friday