• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2 T160 start and endpoint dont match

StefanG

Good afternoon from the netherlands.

Since a few weeks we are having a problem with one of our summa cutters.
The start and point of the knife doesn't match anymore as you can see in the attached photos.
the starting point is always on the right side of the sticker.

a few things i have tried / replaced:

- new knife and recalibrated the knife.
- new knifeholder as i thought that one might been a little worn out.
- replaced the cuttingstrip.
- replaced the rollers
- we even replaced the Drive drum as we saw that it was unbalanced and you saw the pinchroller going up and down badly.

im out of options right now lol

Attachments

• IMG20231002125157.jpg
    IMG20231002125157.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG20231002125231.jpg
    IMG20231002125231.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 81

StefanG

Did you try to select ''starting point'' in the menu ''sorting vectors" from the summa ?
it was on off, so i put it on starting point but that didnt seem to solve it.
one thing i did check was the belt that drives the knife and noticed after that, that the knife didnt start correctly, although the knife calibration was good.
So it didnt start straight, but a little bit rotated. maybe the belt skipped a gear.

So far it seems to be good for now, so lets see how it goes after the weekend

Saturn

Aging Member
I don't give it a lot of faith, but I would also do a test of just a couple stickers where I set the knife Origin -20 below what it's currently set at, and then +20 above what it's set at. See what the effect is, if any.

StefanG

I don't give it a lot of faith, but I would also do a test of just a couple stickers where I set the knife Origin -20 below what it's currently set at, and then +20 above what it's set at. See what the effect is, if any.
Will do this if i have the problem again, but so far it still seems fine, fingers crossed.

have you done opus calibration ?
ive done it a couple of times, but if it was that then the whole cutting would shift, and not just the begin and end mismatch

Calibrate the feed length
Done this also, and that is set correct

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Now that you've done all of the really obscure and mostly useless steps, do this. Remove any dust cover on the tool carriage and, with a bit of compressed air, blow out all of the dust and crud that's been accumulating there. Pay special attention to the tool's up/down mechanism. See if that doesn't loosen things up a bit.