• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2T not cutting straight

klingsdesigns

When printing on epson 80600 using onyx posershop and then send cut file to barcode server the rectangle cut line is not straight. If I cut straight from signlab to summa it will cut it out straight. Any ideas of what to fix?

Attachments

• IMG_6707.JPG
    IMG_6707.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 358

klingsdesigns

Also when i tried straight from signlab i just cut on 651. When i did the print and cut i was using avery 2105 with lam.

klingsdesigns

I am almost thinking it is my usb cord. My barcode server keeps disconnecting randomly says no printer connected or something like that. Ordering another usb cord. Have it swapped with my other cutter right now and its working fine on that cord.

klingsdesigns

I could go to network if I need to. Not sure if you can still use barcode server? Where do I turn off the optimizing and smoothing? On summa itself?

klingsdesigns

I will take a look tomorrow. So then for running all Ethernet to a switch. And the modem to the switch? I will have to do some research. Never ran computers and equipment like that before.

Last edited:

AF

Ethernet can help to isolate the components electrically, possibly preventing issues. USB can be a bag of hurt at times.

FrankW

Dont think about a data problem. Could it be that the media moves in the plotter? Is the problem repeatable, or dies it happen only once?

klingsdesigns

smoothing and opti cut are off. It was the same side of rectangle on all of the. But if i cut straight from signlab it cut it straight.

klingsdesigns

So i just got done hooking everything up to a switch. Barcode server will randomly disconnect from my summa cutter. Any ideas on a fix? It will go from disconnecting disconnected to disabled.

klingsdesigns

It will scan barcode and cut it. If it does it before it disconnects. Once it disconnects it just stops. I start barcode server button and let it sit and anywhere from 1-10 minutes it will disconnect on its own. I was told it’s a static issue. But shop is humid. I am headed to shop shortly to put all cords off the ground and see if that helps.

klingsdesigns

Also seems like with the 25 ft usb it will stay connected. I will leave it today and see how long it stays connected for on usb. Is the red light on back of cutter supposed to be read with the Ethernet cord in only? Mine does not light up. Only with usb connected.

klingsdesigns

Couldnt find an update for the cutter control. But in the communication part hit change auto detect and if i either pick the ip one or the usb one it says please wait for a while and then no machine connected.