• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa T160 - OPOS-Cam or OPOS-X

rdm01

We're looking to replace our ageing plotter, and have settled on the Summa T-Series. However, I'm a bit torn on the camera system versus the regular optical sensor for registration cutting. Is the camera worth the additional cost? Does the regular optical system work well with laminated vinyl? Reflective? Registration marks printed on vinyl colors other than white?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Robert Gruner

We're looking to replace our ageing plotter, and have settled on the Summa T-Series. However, I'm a bit torn on the camera system versus the regular optical sensor for registration cutting. Is the camera worth the additional cost? Does the regular optical system work well with laminated vinyl? Reflective? Registration marks printed on vinyl colors other than white?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
RDM

The Camera reads much faster than the Barcode Scanner. The Camera works better than the barcode scanner with laminated graphics. The Camera works superior with reflective films.

I have worked for Summa twice the past 30 plus years and I currently sell and service Summa cutters. I would gladly provide you additional information on difference between camera and barcode scanner if you messenger me.

Bob

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Depends how much you print/how quick you need it cut. We didn’t get the cam version and it still reads/cuts a roll of vinyl quicker than our Colorado (which is quick!) can print a roll so it doesn’t really bother us. With G performance activated you get to choose between high quality or high speed scanning of the marks. We leave it on high quality and it still does it fairly quick. Our normal sheet size is around 50” and the registration is amazing.

still relatively new to the summa but it’s amazing how impressed I am that the machine is great at its sole purpose.

That being said, if you plan on getting busier. Faster is always better. Even if you don’t get busier. Faster is better!

Bly

We've both and I'd say definitely go for the camera.
It readers much faster and more reliably.
The only drawback is it won't work over ethernet, USB only.