• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SVG files not converting correctly

michsanford

I am having issues with Onyx opening files from AI incorrectly.

I have attached pics of my .ai file and then the way Onyx Cut Server opens it.

What am I doing wrong?

It looks as if it isn't welded in Onyx, but it is in AI.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 308
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 251

brycesteiner

I am having issues with Onyx opening files from AI incorrectly.

I have attached pics of my .ai file and then the way Onyx Cut Server opens it.

What am I doing wrong?

It looks as if it isn't welded in Onyx, but it is in AI.

That's pretty typical of Adobe files no matter what RIP does it. Did you already convert to curves (outlines)? You may need to weld them together in Illustrator.

shoresigns

AI files aren't meant to be used as production files, even if some RIPs support them. You should be using PDF or EPS, and that might solve your problem.

Occasionally AI files will produce unexpected results in non-Adobe apps, because an AI file typically has two copies of the artwork in it, one coded for Illustrator, and a PDF copy for linking with other Adobe apps. Neither of those two formats inside your AI file are meant to be used outside of the Adobe universe.

michsanford

AI files aren't meant to be used as production files, even if some RIPs support them. You should be using PDF or EPS, and that might solve your problem.

Occasionally AI files will produce unexpected results in non-Adobe apps, because an AI file typically has two copies of the artwork in it, one coded for Illustrator, and a PDF copy for linking with other Adobe apps. Neither of those two formats inside your AI file are meant to be used outside of the Adobe universe.
Onyx cut server will ONLY open SVG files.

shoresigns

Onyx cut server will ONLY open SVG files.
I'm not familiar with Onyx. Based on your first post, I thought you said you were loading .AI files into Onyx. I was wondering why you mentioned SVG in the title.

I'm happy to take a look at your AI and SVG files if you want help solving the problem.