• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Swapping Changing Cold Roll Laminator Rollers- Drytac Laminator Video

Jburns

Hello,

So I swapped my laminator rollers this last week on my Drytac unit. Runs like new- the Upper roller had a cut on it- so I put it on the bottom, and the lower on the top.

After the swap - its like a new machine. If interested, here is a short video I made. Hope this helps someone save some money and extend the life of their laminator.

Careful- the solid silicon rollers are heavy.

[video=youtube;Z-Y2eKkirjk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Y2eKkirjk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

derekw13029

Cool! We have the same issue, a couple cuts in our top roller.

However, apparently the diameters of the rolls on our jet mounter aren't the same size. We called a tech at Drytac to ask about this exact thing, and they told us it wouldn't work. Maybe it's a model difference, but I wasn't sure if I believed him.....

We just used a little very fine sand paper to smooth out the cuts. So far so good. Might be willing to give this a try, seemed to work fine for you!