• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Swimming Pool rules and regs signs

petesign

I know states have rules about what the safety signs at public pools have to have on them, but I can't find this information anywhere. Any idea where one can find this?

W

wetgravy

As far as I know, unless there is any regional regs that need to be on a pool sign ... most rules are going to be what insurance and liability needs dictate. One apartment complex I did signs for only needed the normal "don't run around pool, children are to be accompanied by an adult, pool is closed from 9pm until 9am, and (complex name) is not liable for any damage or injuries." While another had about 20 rules that were mostly like a list of grievances or things that were annoying to deal with (mostly things like "no thongs" ... booo ... or "limit 2 guests per tenant")

petesign

Well, after being transferred from one desk to the other 10 times - our local county actually does have rules about what has to be on their sign. You can contact your local county department of health and get them. I have to have No Diving at least 4.5" high, and No Lifeguard on Duty a minimum of 3" high. They do random testing on pools every month, and can fine public pools if they don't have things under compliance. Amazing what they will do to keep the bureaucrats busy.

Last edited:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
We have an extensive health and safety code... the best place to start is the state, then the county. Another good place is your local pool supply - NOT THE RETAIL SHOPS, but the place where pool servicemen go... My safety signs are designed according to architecture... not big on cute rule signs because inspectors over here have no sense of humor...

The 4 signs on the left usually make it through the code and safety inspection in my state....

Attachments

• pooling around comparison.jpg
    pooling around comparison.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 51