• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Switch ink type?

tooler82

I don’t know if this is possible or even need to. I have a Mimaki CJV30-130 solvent. If we could afford it, I’d love to get a latex. Is it possible or even worth it to switch it from 4 color to 8 color? I don’t know if it’s able to just get a different ink type and put it in or what. Also, should we stay with solvent or switch to eco solvent or water based pigment or solvent UV? Or is it not worth it or can’t be done?

Last edited:

Neil

You don't need to switch to 8 color, or 6 color. You probably just need better control of your color management.
I have the same machine running similar to eco solvent inks (3rd party Jetbest). I make my own profiles, but you may be able to get someone to do that for you. Then you'll get as good output as anything else.

You didn't say which inks, software or rip you are using. That's more important than the type of ink.

iJetDigital

Regarding your Mimaki Printer CJV30 switch from eco-solvent to Latex. The machine design will not allow you to do that based on Latex inks require a preheat and post heat process to set-up (dry). The heads on the Mimaki are a DX4, making them incompatible with Latex ink. If you want to print with latex, see if you can find a JFX400 from Mimaki.

tooler82

Oh Neil, how did you know my print has been messing up? Lol. I’ve been trying to make my own profile but the government won’t buy the tool for me to do that. Found a generic vinyl profile that has been the best. Haven’t been able to find the right profile for the vinyl I use in the 5 years I’ve been trying to find it. Use 3M IJ35C-10 and IJ40C-10, mimaki CJV30-140, flexisign, SS21 ink. Btw I use 2020 sold by Grimco.