• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tape troubles...

graphicwarning

I don’t know where my head is… I can’t seem to figure out what I’m missing…

Orajet 3651, Oraguard 210 Laminate & R-Tape 4075RLA. Ran a solid 2’-8” wide sheet of laminated vinyl through the laminator to apply the tape. Everything is great… and only about 1” of liner is showing around all 4 sides of the vinyl.

Lay it face down on the table, throw a 3” core on top and roll (face/tape out) and it tunnels like crazy. The liner is completely separating from the vinyl, right from the beginning before I even get one full roll around the empty core. And of course… the tighter I try to roll it, it flattens/creases the liner.

I’m not doing anything different than I have in the past… but this damn thing won’t roll up so I can box and ship it. What am I missing in this equation…

Maybe it’s a sign not to work on Sunday? haha

AF

That is a lot of material to try to roll up on a 3" core. The 3-ply lamination + backing paper won't want to make that small of a radius. Try a much larger diameter, at some point it won't tunnel. If you got away with it before, then maybe the tension was too great on the Conform as you applied it?

As a side note, I have had 4075 imprint a texture on vinyl overlaminate, so I would be concerned about the finish when the customer peels it off.