• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tariff on Sign Blanks?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Why are draft dodgers bad?? Not everyone is fit to be fighting a war...

On another note.. CNN is lower then facebook news posts. Twice I checked them today to see if they had a story about the tariffs Trump just imposed and they have some mistress that had a relationship with trump as the main breaking news headline...and before that was something about Russia... I can't believe I used to visit them for news...it's gotten bad.

Last edited:

bpfohler

Not all draft dodgers are bad but this is someone who has made a career out of criticizing everyone else, I find it hypocritical.
Not defending CNN but what Russia has done is not news worthy?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Some people arent meant to fight wars...

Meant? As in predestination or something? How to you tell someone who is meant to fight a war from one who is not? Physical disabilities notwithstanding.

Disrespecting people who did fight, by saying "I like people who didn't get caught" to Mccain...

What he actually said was "I like heroes that didn't get captured". A sentiment with which many, myself included, agree. The only thing McCain ever did that some might call heroic is refuse release from POW confinement until his mates were also released. That was noble, not heroic. The term 'hero' is so diluted anymore that it's functionally meaningless.

ikarasu

"Meant" as in want to. You can have a 18 year old, 120lb geek squad worker who's all excited and wants to goto war. He could be courageous, and one of the best soldiers you've ever seen.

Then you can have 200lb body builder who gets scared at any gun shot, and would be useless . In my opinion, it doesn't make one lesser than the other.

Point is... Not everyone is mentally, or physically "built" for war.

I have a 5 year old and a wife. And if I was told I had to travel across the world and risk my life, risk never seeing my family again, and I had no choice e in the matter... I'd probably get some pretty bad bone spurs to.

I wasn't alive for the draft, and I'm not even American. So maybe it's a generational thing .but being forced to fight in a war isn't something I agree with... So again, I don't fault trump for dodging the draft. Having said that... I do believe he did dodge it.

Here's a link to his video -

His exact words are "he's a war hero because he was captured... I like people that weren't captured, I hate to tell you"

Trumps never been the most articulate speaker... So maybe he was just trying to say he shouldn't be called a hero. That's not what it sounded like to me though, and even if it was... Whether you like or agree McCain was a hero or not, the guy was fighting for America, he spent how long being tortured and imprisoned in a camp? Then trump says something like that to him? That's why he's being criticized a lot about draft dodging.

I don't like McCain myself. He says he's against certain bills, talks about how bad they are.. then just votes for them anyways because it's what his party wants. But I'm not going to belittle what he did for his Country.

Trumps always spouting America first, always talks about how he's for the American people... But the moment someone doesn't follow him unconditionally, he turns against them.

I thought disrespecting war vets was one of the most anti American thing you can do?