• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tariler

WOODBS

i need to make this trailer look like it's raelly in this back ground. i just put a glow, i know that wasn't it. what tools do i use to make it more realistic,? also not sure why my test background is low rez? thanks brett

Attachments

• haylo RANCH scene  smallcopy.jpg
    haylo RANCH scene smallcopy.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 144

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Lose the glow and use Layer Effects to set a drop shadow. Make it consistent with where the light is coming from.

WOODBS

i tried the drop shadow but looked bad, so i had my sub do it right. how do i alter the drop shadow to look like this?

Attachments

• haylo country road copy small.jpg
    haylo country road copy small.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 95

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Select the area to contain the shadow and use the airbrush tool to create it. You might also want to try a gradient in the selected area to see if it works for you.

grafxxx

if you goto youtube.com you can find a lot of videos on photoshop tutorials there are alot of tips and tricks. cna help you out a lot.

GK

easy way to create a realistic shadow.
1) clone the trailer layer so now you have 2 of them....
2) CTRL click the layer thumbnail so you select the entire selection.
3) While the selection is active make a solid fill with Black on top of the cloned layer.
4) Move the black layer behind the original trailer layer so you cannot see it.
5) Use the scale tool (edit, transform, scale) and set the object centerpoint to the bottom handle of the scale box. Drag the middle handle of the scale selection down until you start to squish the cloned black layer.
6) Use the skew/perspective tools to move the shadow from where the light is coming from, this will make it look like the shadow is really being cause by a light source.
7) Use the Gaussian Blur tool to give the shadow layer a nice soft feel to it, eliminating the hard edge.
8) Use the layer opacity to tone down the shadow layer.

all done.