• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tech needed....................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, things were getting back to normal and then the problem with our flatbed finally appeared.

The thin piece of brownish mylar which runs down the head has come off. From what I understand from Agfa techs..... it can't be fixed. So we are at their mercy to have them come here and replace a head. That's fine and dandy, except they said they would not stand behind it because its technically NOT an Agfa.

My question to anyone out there, do you know of a Dilli or Agfa tech around the Pennsylvania [or Jersey, Delaware Maryland] area who is a free lancer and makes house calls ??

It pays well.
:thankyou: Gino

growler

Haven't thought of doing it yourself?

It's a pretty simple swap in and out, I can give you the code to get into the service menu to enter the new voltages of the head on a dilli?

The most time consuming part is aligning afterwards, just some patience and a steady hand.

It would fair to say that anyone that has replaced a head on a superwide or flatbed could do it for you. The KM512 head is a widely used setup.

MrNick86

Replacing my first head seemed quite intimidating...It turned out to be cakewalk. I just replaced one the other day for the same reason of the mylar releasing from the bottom of the head. It sure would be nice to be able to repair those.

davecich

Gino,

I woould call Glen Rob at DCI in Beltsville, MD. i am sure he can d it and has probably done it already. I will sell him a new konica head. I may even have a used one.

If interested, please send me a message @ dcich@cetcolor.com. I am so busy these days, I do not log in here for months at a time.

Dave

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thank you to all who have helped and given great advice and help.

The new head got here at a little after 10am this morning and we've been printing for a few minutes already after calibrating, making sure charges/voltage and whatnot are correct and doing some hefty cleaning.

I left Jeremy alone and although he said there were moments, it was much easier than he had expected.

A special thanks to 'growler' and his behind the scenes expertise on this machine. :thumb:

Believe it or not, we saved literally thousands of dollars doing it ourselves. I'm not going to take anything away from the great Merchant Members who do this stuff for a living, but on travel time alone, we saved $750.00 I will be paying Jeremy at the same pay-scale the tech was going to receive which will almost double Jeremy's paycheck this week for just a few hours on this thing.

Aw man.... having all the machines running is such a pleasant sound again. :rock-n-roll:

Jeremy, if you're reading this, it has to be run by the Goddess, but I know it should work.