• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Tech recommends Power Conditioner for Mimaki JV300 PLus?????????

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yes the machine can pull 1440 x 2 watts when the heaters are at full blast. That being said, I took a look at the install manual and it doesn't mention needing a power conditioner. It only says to have the machine on it's own circuit without any other machines. I've also never been told to use a conditioner by Mimaki and I install Mimaki printers of all sorts and sizes. It sounds like the tech is making the recommendation personally and not from Mimaki. You might ask him to clarify why he thinks you need one.

tooserious

Yes the machine can pull 1440 x 2 watts when the heaters are at full blast. That being said, I took a look at the install manual and it doesn't mention needing a power conditioner. It only says to have the machine on it's own circuit without any other machines. I've also never been told to use a conditioner by Mimaki and I install Mimaki printers of all sorts and sizes. It sounds like the tech is making the recommendation personally and not from Mimaki. You might ask him to clarify why he thinks you need one.
It was a Mimaki Tech telling me that and then a Mimaki rep. At first the tech said surge protector then it went to power conditioner

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I could see it if I was still in my band with amps but Printer????
They might have recommended it if you are running multiple machines on the same circuit and couldn't get a dedicated one put in for whatever reason.

Believe it or not, the circuit that amplifies the head signal is similar to a digital audio amp. So I guess there might be something to it. But I've never had Mimaki tell me to use one so not sure what the difference is for your situation. I've installed about 5 of that exact model and we never used one.

netsol

two possibilities:

they tell everyone to use a power conditioner now (they are jerks like HP?)

the tech is very astute and did not like what he saw (brownout conditions, sloppy, jagged sine wave [i always check, with a portable oscilloscope])

i would say err on the side of caution & protect YOUR INVESTMENT

however i would buy one from ebay/craigslist/offerup/facebook marketplace
power conditioners don't often go bad, so probably a good investment

tooserious

two possibilities:

they tell everyone to use a power conditioner now (they are jerks like HP?)

the tech is very astute and did not like what he saw (brownout conditions, sloppy, jagged sine wave [i always check, with a portable oscilloscope])

i would say err on the side of caution & protect YOUR INVESTMENT

however i would buy one from ebay/craigslist/offerup/facebook marketplace
power conditioners don't often go bad, so probably a good investment
I spoke with Mimaki USA and they said get a 3kva power conditioner?