• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Technoarts SP-2

Aardvark Printing

Hello. I've acquired a Technoarts SP-2 plotter/cutter. This is my first and I know it's prehistoric but I'd like to get it running. Does anyone have any information on how to get started? Can I run it from illustrator or do I need other software? Any advice would be appreciated even if it's dumpster related.

R08

I believe my very first plotter in the 80's was a technoarts plotter. I believe it had a hot tip which i later updated to a swivel knife. Can you send pics?

Aardvark Printing

I believe my very first plotter in the 80's was a technoarts plotter. I believe it had a hot tip which i later updated to a swivel knife. Can you send pics?
This is what it looks like.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 152

R08

Yup.. That looks like what I had but that one is newer. Pretty sure they used to be call ioline. They were pen plotters converted to be used to cut vinyl. You can find software to run it. I can't remember what I used but do a search on google and you're sure to find something fairly inexpensive. You can design in illustrator or CorelDraw but you'll need sign software to output to the plotter. Some software you can buy act like a driver and you can seamlessly cut from Corel or Illustrator.
You'll have to do some digging but you should be able to get it going.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tec...9i57j33i160.6542j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Aardvark Printing

Yup.. That looks like what I had but that one is newer. Pretty sure they used to be call ioline. They were pen plotters converted to be used to cut vinyl. You can find software to run it. I can't remember what I used but do a search on google and you're sure to find something fairly inexpensive. You can design in illustrator or CorelDraw but you'll need sign software to output to the plotter. Some software you can buy act like a driver and you can seamlessly cut from Corel or Illustrator.
You'll have to do some digging but you should be able to get it going.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tec...9i57j33i160.6542j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Thanks! That will help a lot.