• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Templates and sofware to panelize

piodiaz

Hey all, I am looking for a good site for templates. I currently use Mr. Clipart but I am having some problems with accuracy. Which is the best site, or sites?
Also how are you guys panelizing the final art for printing, e.g. Car Wrap plug in by Onyx, etc.

Please advice,

Thanks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
In my experience over the years the Mr Clipart templates are the least accurate. Pro Vehicle Outlines (what we use exclusively for years now) and Artstation are the best ones. You get to where you know you can rely on certain ones but some less used ones you still need to double check certain areas and add plenty of bleed.

As far as paneling goes - we rip and print with Flexisign Pro. Paneling is built into Flexi and pretty much foolproof. You can set how much overlap you want from 0 to probably several feet, how many panels, panel vertical or horizontal or both, make all panels the exact same width based on the roll width, adjust each panels size individually, print or exclude individual panels, etc.

DesireeM

The Bad Wrap is pretty accurate. I would suggest always doing your own measuring and photos at some point before production to account for anomalies and deep recesses you can't see in a template.

For paneling I just do it manually using photoshop or illustrator. We try to do seamless wraps whenever possible so the panel widths depend on the vehicle seams. If it's a trailer or a bus we just make each panel roughly the same width and adjust when necessary to avoid having a joint over any frames, lights, rivets etc...