• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Temporary graphics on asphalt

DGDesigns

I am looking for advice on outdoor temporary floor graphics used on asphalt. The only product I am aware of is MACtac StreetRap. Anyone trying this or other products with success?? I want to use the digital prints for sporting event advertisements. Thanks in advance.

Mosh

Heat gun it down. We use it for a local festival and set it with a heat gun. It is a S.O.B to clean up. Def don't use app tape.

MachServTech

Avery makes a product that will wrap asphalt then powerwash off and dissolve......so they say. It does print well on JV3 and HP 9000 though it looks like vinyl, but is actually made something degradable.

Nuagedesigns

we have used 3MIJ35 with great results and its cheaper....Pre heat area with large propane torch. And use a old rollepro to get in all the nooks and crannies of the asphalt and yes heat the heck out of it while rolling. We do this every year for breast cancer awareness and the town usually has a heck of a time getting up. I have seen it last from Oct thru January even with snowplows. It eventually came up but there are still some remenants each year that are there when we go to re do it. Key is use enough heat. with enough heat and proper rolling you can get anything to stick temporarily.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use 480Cv3 and 3647 Laminate with great success... so far it has always come up in 1 piece even after heavy traffic (500K+ People, 4 - 6 Week Events).