• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

temporary outdoor sign use lamination?

Spencer McMurtry

Hello!
I am making a temporary (1 year max) outdoor sign on 10mm coroplast i am printing it with traingle jvs full solvent ink on oracal 3165RA vinyl. my question is will this sign hold up a year without using a lamination? or will i get myself in trouble if i dont use a lamination? if i do laminate it, i was planing on using oracal 200.

Thanks!

Letterbox Mike

I wouldn't laminate it. You could upsell the customer on laminate but it's not necessary by any stretch of the imagination. A large portion of our work is temporary/event signage, which we never laminate and have never had a failure.

thewood

We use those same inks. They are extremely durable and shouldn't need lamination for a 1-year outdoor sign unless it is for abrasion protection.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
One year is fine without laminate especially if your using full solvent although it would make it easier to apply.