• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Temporay Decal Material

AlwaysFive

In need of material that is extremely easy to remove and re-apply if possible. It would need to adhere to 1060z laminate. The idea is to remove decals and either take them or put them back in place. It doesn't need to be ultra durable but withstand a couple applications. Sorry for the vagueness, thanks in advance for the input.

InstantOneMedia

We have a Micro-Suction PET film that would be perfect for your project. It is available in matte white and clear and is latex and solvent compatible. As long as the surface is smooth, this stuff will stick perfectly and stay on the surface until you peel it off. When you do peel it off, it will come off cleanly since there is no adhesive to leave any residue behind and can be reapplied. It will work outdoors and doesn't need to be laminated.

https://www.instantonemedia.com/product/iom-micro-suction-pet-vinyl/

IOM Micro-Suction PET Vinyl can be applied to any smooth (glass, metal, etc . . .) or semi-smooth (drywall, appliances, etc . . .) surface, is inherently no-bubble, and may be the easiest material to install. It’s non-adhesive which means no residue will be left behind and it will not damage the surface you apply it to. Also, it won’t lose an adhesive bond when removed. The grip is a mechanical function of the micro-suction cups so the material can be applied to another surface without reducing the effectiveness of the micro-suction cups.

If you would like a sample, let me know.

Donald Berglund
Instant One Media
dberglund@instantonemedia.com
(404) 228-6329 x3.
www.InstantOneMedia.com

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
You should check out our Firecling static cling material. Register and order a sample. I'll bet it would do just what you wanted it to do. It's actually an adhesive that is repositionable. We have used it in place of vehicle magnets on aluminum truck doors before. It doesn't last as long as a magnet, but it works.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I looked some iDot feeback on the forum rain doesn't seem to do well - it would be outdoors on a wrapped vehicle

Then forget about the iDot. It was being "sold" as a vehicle magnet alternative when the reality is it shouldn't be on anything that does outdoors because it can NOT get wet. Waste of money from BigFish

bannertime

I looked some iDot feeback on the forum rain doesn't seem to do well - it would be outdoors on a wrapped vehicle

Yeah, that won't work. We get that you're trying to be "cautious" while being vague, but this is stuff that needs to be said in the first post.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Then forget about the iDot. It was being "sold" as a vehicle magnet alternative when the reality is it shouldn't be on anything that does outdoors because it can NOT get wet. Waste of money from BigFish
Its not a waste of money and it lasts fine outdoors just not in heavy rain. We have been using the original product called EasyDot for the last 3 years with great success, Are their shortcomings? Yes, like everything in this industry but it would do what they are looking for.

The other good options are PET micro-suction like IOMs product or a hybrid material like Scitop sells that is micro-suction with an ultra-repositionable adhesive layer also.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Its not a waste of money and it lasts fine outdoors just not in heavy rain. We have been using the original product called EasyDot for the last 3 years with great success, Are their shortcomings? Yes, like everything in this industry but it would do what they are looking for.

The other good options are PET micro-suction like IOMs product or a hybrid material like Scitop sells that is micro-suction with an ultra-repositionable adhesive layer also.

Yes it is a waste. If an "outdoor" product can't survive the rain or "heavy rain" then it shouldn't be called an outdoor material. Unless you live in a Sahara... it's normal to occasionally see "heavy rain". My experience, the vinyl would fail even in a mist.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes it is a waste. If an "outdoor" product can't survive the rain or "heavy rain" then it shouldn't be called an outdoor material. Unless you live in a Sahara... it's normal to occasionally see "heavy rain". My experience, the vinyl would fail even in a mist.
We operate out of Arizona... We have clients that use it in California and Houston outside on trailers in large contour cut sizes (48" x 72") for 3-6 weeks at a time, no issues.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We actually could use something like this too. Over the years have had a few instances where a client wants to stick something on a wrap and change that part out. In one case very short term but very frequent changes - Powerball lottery amounts on a big Powerball logo. We used Busmark but eventually it still trashed the wrap underneath. In the other scenario it was a bigger graphic 120" x 24" that the client might have on for 2 months to a year. Did the same and used Busmark but again, it eventually started leaving adhesive after a few times and then pretty much ruined the wrap in that spot where they have the promo. I'd suggest just designing a blank spot into the wrap there but on that one they also sometime might go for 6 months without any promo and do not want a big blank spot there either.

InstantOneMedia - Is the material you have good for short to medium term outdoor use on a vehicle? In our case it would at most travel at maybe 50 mph but will definitely see plenty of rain etc and sometimes they run a promo for up to a year.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We actually could use something like this too. Over the years have had a few instances where a client wants to stick something on a wrap and change that part out. In one case very short term but very frequent changes - Powerball lottery amounts on a big Powerball logo. We used Busmark but eventually it still trashed the wrap underneath. In the other scenario it was a bigger graphic 120" x 24" that the client might have on for 2 months to a year. Did the same and used Busmark but again, it eventually started leaving adhesive after a few times and then pretty much ruined the wrap in that spot where they have the promo. I'd suggest just designing a blank spot into the wrap there but on that one they also sometime might go for 6 months without any promo and do not want a big blank spot there either.

InstantOneMedia - Is the material you have good for short to medium term outdoor use on a vehicle? In our case it would at most travel at maybe 50 mph but will definitely see plenty of rain etc and sometimes they run a promo for up to a year.
I can say I tested their product and others similar on my vehicle and did 70+ on the highways here and it held on with no issues.

InstantOneMedia

We have never tested this for up to a year on our vehicles. However, we have had this on our cars for 3 months here in Atlanta where I consistently go 70+ (don't tell my wife). They stayed on in multiple rainstorms. Mine didn't come off until I took it off. However, my associate took their car through a brush car wash and it came off. So be sure to tell your clients to remove it before they go through the wash, and reapply after. Our customers offer a scrap piece of coroplast for them to stick the material to when it's not in use.

Call (404.228.6329 x3) or email me (dberglund@instantonemedia.com) if you'd like a sample. I generally send out a 27" x 6' piece for you to play with.