• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Text to Shape CS2...

WVB

For the life of me I can not remember how to make text take on the shape of an object. Lets say you have an oval. You want the text to fill the inside of this oval. Delete the oval and the shape now looks like an oval. I know you can do this with the warp/bulge but it looks bloated or 3d as if the text is coming at you from the middle... I know there is another way to do this...

WVB

Yeah, I tried that too but kept giving me this error msg:

This requires a selection of multiple objects. The top object must be a single path or mesh, or a symbol containing a single path or mesh.

Which it does from my understanding. Its an oval..?

javila

Make a path(any type, path alone or shape layer). Then select the text tool. Hover over the path and it'll change to the path type tool.

vid

Yeah, I tried that too but kept giving me this error msg:

This requires a selection of multiple objects. The top object must be a single path or mesh, or a symbol containing a single path or mesh.

Which it does from my understanding. Its an oval..?

Sounds like your text is in the foreground...

Is this what you're trying to do?...... The images above are before I applied the Envelope Distort w/Top Object. The bottom images are the result.

Attachments

• 101TEXT.jpg
    101TEXT.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 106

WVB

Yes VID, this is what I can do utilizing the envelope warp tool.(left bottom hand side) How did you do the one on the bottom right hand side..?

vid

Yes VID, this is what I can do utilizing the envelope warp tool.(left bottom hand side) How did you do the one on the bottom right hand side..?

I just clipped the ends off an oval and used that as my envelope object.

Step by Step:
Drew an oval > Drew a rectangle taller and narrower than the oval > Align center and horizonal > intersect (expand)

Typed Text > Sent to Back >...

Object > Envelope > Make with Top Object.

bbbbbbuuuut, just trying the way you describe you're doing it (the Bulge with the Envelope Warp) I'm getting the same thing as the bottom right (?)....

In either case you can use the white arrow on the control points to adjust it to the look you're trying to acheive.

Hope that's not confusing and helps.....