• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Textile printing

tamif

T-N-T Designs
I am wanting to get into printing on fabric that can be used for sewing projects. I have a 54" HP 315 latex printer. I need a textile that can be sewn and washed. I have a customer wanting to make purse linings among other things. I would prefer material that can be used without the ink catcher. HP videos say if you can't see through the material when held up to the light you do not need the ink catcher attachment. I have searched all over and can not find where to purchase this type of material. Can anyone tell me where to start looking?

Go to the HP PrintOS Media Locator:

Select Latex, then click the blue filter icon > Type = Durable Textiles > Apply.

The technical notes will tell you if the Ink Collector is recommended for use with the selected media. The Take-Up Reel is needed for most textiles. Some of the Premex DuraVibe fabrics can be washed a limited number of times if the media has been run through a calendar after printing.

Last edited:

ABA Visibility Products

Premium Subscriber
Hello there--

Latex can print on fabric, but it won't last as long as dye sublimation, if you're looking to wash often. Latex ink sits on top of the material. Dye Sublimation actually dyes the fabric.

tamif

T-N-T Designs
Hello there--

Latex can print on fabric, but it won't last as long as dye sublimation, if you're looking to wash often. Latex ink sits on top of the material. Dye Sublimation actually dyes the fabric.
The customer is planning on using it as a purse liner. I wouldn't think it would be washed a lot, but I am not sure of that.

WildWestDesigns

The customer is planning on using it as a purse liner. I wouldn't think it would be washed a lot, but I am not sure of that.
I would be concerned more with this:

I have a customer wanting to make purse linings among other things.

Depends on what is meant by "other things". That's the gotcha that's gets most people.

Sublimation, as was already mentioned, is going to be your best medium for longevity for the most part. Exception here would be is what do they use when they are washing. Some tend to be more caustic then others, higher in bleach etc. That is always going to be the caveat with sublimation.

My mom used to do lining logos with stitching, not with print though. But she was dealing with a handful of bags at most, short hot runs. So that may not be the option depending on how many your customer is wanting to apply this to.

I am wanting to get into printing on fabric that can be used for sewing projects. I have a 54" HP 315 latex printer. I need a textile that can be sewn and washed. I have a customer wanting to make purse linings among other things. I would prefer material that can be used without the ink catcher. HP videos say if you can't see through the material when held up to the light you do not need the ink catcher attachment. I have searched all over and can not find where to purchase this type of material. Can anyone tell me where to start looking?
I am a sublimation cut and sew shop. to get the best graphics and never worry about color that is the way to go