• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Textured surface wall graphic installations

aerial

QCB
I install signs and graphics for a print shop, mainly in schools. I need to learn installing on concrete block. I have read posts about using Walk n Wall as an alternative, but I read in the post below about failures. One approach might be to coat the wall with Guardz, or the Sherwin Williams clear sealer, and then apply the Walk n Wall. Would learning the process with the 3M tool set and proper vinyl be my best bet? I would appreciate your opinions on best practice, thanks.

Quoted from a previous thread:
In the last 6-8 months, I've decided to basically quit selling the Walk n Wall for textured wall wraps, and I apologize if anyone sold a job specifically on what I'd said. I've been using the product for many years, but it seems only the ones I've installed in the last 12-18 months have failed earlier than I thought they should have. This is always at the seams and the edges and only on challenging/textured surfaces like concrete block, stucco types, etc. I'm not sure if the adhesive has changed at all, or if it has to do more with more surfaces now have lower VOC paints on them, but we're back to using a pasted product for these areas.

What pasted product?

rjssigns

Our campus has been using Alumigraphics on block walls. Overkill? Probably, but does the trick with no known failures. Gets used for floor graphics too. Wide Format students do the installs.
There's a General Formulations product that's on the walls of the lab. Can't remember the exact product though.
I know there are some other materials our lead has been experimenting with but I don't know about suitability or long term durability.

aerial

QCB
Our campus has been using Alumigraphics on block walls. Overkill? Probably, but does the trick with no known failures. Gets used for floor graphics too. Wide Format students do the installs.
There's a General Formulations product that's on the walls of the lab. Can't remember the exact product though.
I know there are some other materials our lead has been experimenting with but I don't know about suitability or long term durability.
Never heard of it, but I will check it out, thanks. I am only the installer, but the sales rep relies on me for such.

Val47

Alumagraphics is great stuff, ideal for brick and concrete. It is pretty easy to install. It's not cheap though.

Justine Bouman

I’ve had success with Drytac Polar Grip on concrete and brick. The main thing you need to consider is pedestrians, we do replacements more because of someone trying to rip it off vs. Product failure.