• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thank you JPD Tees!

J

john1

Hey everyone, I have used JPD Tees to do low runs of my customer DTG printing for about 2 years now and they are always a great company to work with.

I would recommend them to anyone on here, I'm not sure if they are a merchant or used to be but i got hooked up with them through a guy who did my wholesale printing years ago here.

Attached is the shirts i had made, customer only needed 3 for starters.

Attachments

• nottingham_baptist_shirts_front.jpg
    nottingham_baptist_shirts_front.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 105
  • nottingham_baptist_shirts_front2.jpg
    nottingham_baptist_shirts_front2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 85
  • nottingham_baptist_shirts_back.jpg
    nottingham_baptist_shirts_back.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 78

megacab

if you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you for those in that quantity? you can pm it to me if it's not OK to openly post it. reason i ask is that i would never think of doing DTG on that particular layout. it screams heat press vinyl to me. and can be done relatively inexpensively. also, did you provide the Anvil 979's or did they as part of the deal? i am gonna file their name away for when i need smaller runs with a more complex design. thanks.

J

john1

No way would i do anything heatpress anymore. Too much of a pain in the neck, too expensive and time consuming i think.

They offer wholesale pricing to those in the industry, Check them out on google jpdtees they are in Cali

megacab

No way would i do anything heatpress anymore. Too much of a pain in the neck, too expensive and time consuming i think.

They offer wholesale pricing to those in the industry, Check them out on google jpdtees they are in Cali

that is exactly why i asked what they charged you. i can heat press that with shirt included for less than $5.00. would take no time to weed that and not much to press it either. it is a super simple job. our opinions just differ on this i guess. i just wanted to know how much a DTG guy gets for this in small runs in comparison to what a guy could press them for.

J

john1

that is exactly why i asked what they charged you. i can heat press that with shirt included for less than $5.00. would take no time to weed that and not much to press it either. it is a super simple job. our opinions just differ on this i guess. i just wanted to know how much a DTG guy gets for this in small runs in comparison to what a guy could press them for.

Oh it was more than that but that's why you get more for small runs. I appreciate their services and do charge for small runs alot more than larger ones.

Heat pressing is not my cup of tea since it's a pain in the neck.

Farmboy

that is exactly why i asked what they charged you. i can heat press that with shirt included for less than $5.00. would take no time to weed that and not much to press it either. it is a super simple job
$5 bucks huh. I find that very hard to believe. Mind if I take a crack at this "simple job"? Lets see...10 to 20 mins laying out front and back design from scratch. Ya, I know it's simple, but even still, I stand by that time. Loading heat apply and cutting for 3 shirts, another 10 mins and that's if you take the time to nest your design. Weeding, at least 10 mins, you've got some pretty small text in there to frig around with. 5 mins to press. So about 45 mins from start to finish, maybe 30 if your quick. Maybe I'm missing something, are you buying your heat apply from some guy in a van?

megacab

$5 bucks huh. I find that very hard to believe. Mind if I take a crack at this "simple job"? Lets see...10 to 20 mins laying out front and back design from scratch. Ya, I know it's simple, but even still, I stand by that time. Loading heat apply and cutting for 3 shirts, another 10 mins and that's if you take the time to nest your design. Weeding, at least 10 mins, you've got some pretty small text in there to frig around with. 5 mins to press. So about 45 mins from start to finish, maybe 30 if your quick. Maybe I'm missing something, are you buying your heat apply from some guy in a van?

no, but i buy it in 25 yard rolls, so i get a break on it. if it takes some one 30-45 mins to make one of these, then you are right. heat press is not your thing. i was also talking per each on the 5 bucks. not all 3 obviously. so your 45 mins isn't apples to apples. also, you really think that design was laid out from scratch? is my time worth money.....sure. but i will always, always do it in house whenever possible. i only sub out what i cannot accomplish with the equipment i have.

this back and forth was never meant to become an arguement. different strokes for different folks. i was curious as to what it was worth to a DTG guy, nothing more. even asked for him to send it to me in a PM. i am glad he found a guy he likes. in the future i may look to them if i need something i cannot accomplish.

JPDTees

Thanks John! As you can probably tell, I just saw this post.

I think Farmboy made a great case for NOT doing it in vinyl, even with so few shirts.

Our contract pricing is good, but we really stress quality work whenever we print. That goes whether we are printing retail or contract. Hopefully, that will keep people coming back!

I'm glad you liked the shirts John and thanks again for the kind words!! :thankyou:

Eric :cool:

WildWestDesigns

Sublimation would have been a good way to go. I like vinyl, but sometimes it just doesn't pay to do that. Good work with the tees JDP.

J

john1

Thanks John! As you can probably tell, I just saw this post.

I think Farmboy made a great case for NOT doing it in vinyl, even with so few shirts.

Our contract pricing is good, but we really stress quality work whenever we print. That goes whether we are printing retail or contract. Hopefully, that will keep people coming back!

I'm glad you liked the shirts John and thanks again for the kind words!! :thankyou:

Eric :cool:

No problem!