• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thanks Fred!

Suz

Picking up the merrow tomorrow? Yay!!!!!!
It will make your patch production so much easier!

by ugly satin stitch i meant doing it in place of the merrow around the edge, not as a design element. I like the satin stich and use it a lot and even split in place of fill stitching at times.

we pick up the merrow tomorrow.

binki

Got the merrow in but the distributor doesn't sell the floss so I had to order from Robison/Anoton. We will have about 8 colors in tomorrow but we did get a black spool with the machine.

I managed to break all 4 needles that came with it right away and had to wait for our additional 50 that we ordered when we picked up the machine. They are in now and we are back in business.

Delivered our first patch with a merrow stitch on it and have 2 orders that we have to sew out and do the edge stitching this weekend. I just quoted 2 more patch orders for full back designs.

If I have time I will also go back and redo a few patches that we have done in the past as samples as well as the US Flag and CA flag for our showroom. We can probably sell those pretty easy.

It looks like the merrow machine will pay for itself pretty quickly.

Suz

Hey Binki,
Congrats! You got your first patch order out, then more orders. Yay! Glad to hear the machine will pay for itself quickly, smart move buying that one!

binki

What we found out was most of these machines are shipped outside of the US. Our distributor doesn't see too many of them.

It has taken me a lot of practice to get the non-square ones down. Our first few orders on this thing I had to do double the number of patches just to get enough good ones to go out the door. One order was for 6 14" oval jacket back patches. Ouch! The other was a dozen 3.5" rounds. We have some more lined up and I am trying to do some samples to practice on, on top of that.

Suz

Binki,

Yeah, ouch on goofing up those big ones. That is a lot of wasted work. You are learning though. Great idea to use some samples to practice on. Whenever I sew, each job that I do I'm always using scrap to test my stitches before stitching on any "real" embroidered garments or items. I try to use either the same exact fabric, backing, whatever is needed, or something very similar.

Anyhow, sounds like you are progressing. Embroidery is a lot of work, but once you get stuff dialed in for each job, hopefully there are re-runs. Don't forget to document how you did everything and keep it in the Customer file. It will save you all kinds of time.

Good luck!