• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

That frosted look

sjm

Has anyone else had success printing directly to laminate? Tried printing to it the other day as we use and stock a variety of laminates. Specifically a 5mil textured lexan laminate and for an interior window application it had that frosted look and feel.

vid

Just printed a "tint" on 2 mil matte laminate and it was installed yesterday.

The image was 5' x 8' printed to match a 20% tint of a PMS spec color - similar to the wall color - and contour cut to a swirly floral shape. It was installed to accent an interior dimensional letter set and display.

It was a nice contrast in sheen and color against a lighter and more glossy wall color.

It was kind of an experiment, I wasn't sure that the vinyl would take the ink without an issue here or there. It printed a beautiful even color without any hic-ups - like banding or fisheyes or dust or headstrikes or smudges or anything else that can happen in 40 square feet of an experiment--- it was priced expecting a reprint... or two :thumb:

Kwiksigns

wookie
Print on laminate all the time. In the Fellers catalog some are even listed as Solvent compatible... if you have solvent..