• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

That old saying about getting what you pay for isn't always true.

Graphics2u

I have an installer who really likes to use 3M wrap materials, and that's fine, he's installing it so that's what I print on. But why is it that you pay premium price for materials and still get stuff that looks like this? This roll of 180 CV3 has about 3 spots like this where these streaks run the length of the roll. Laminate helps to hide them a little but, why can't we get good looking product when paying the price that 3M commands?

Attachments

• streaks.jpg
    streaks.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 84

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Back in the days before printing on vinyl took over, we used to experience that kind of a mark on 3M vinyl where it looked deglossed. The term for it was "fogging" and it was caused by the vinyl being wrapped too tightly. It would go away with a heat gun or just getting direct sunlight after it was installed. Whether what you have is the same or something similar, I can't say. Particularly since your print has presumably already had substantial amounts of heat applied to it.

I would suggest showing it to your distributor or a 3M rep if there is one in your area.

Graphics2u

I haven't tried any heat on it yet, but yes it does get pretty warm while printing and it's still there. Fortunately for this job it's not all that critical, otherwise I would have sent the roll back as soon as I opened it. It started right at the beginning of the roll and has been there through at least half of it so far. Just frustrating to pay top dollar and still have to deal with it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I've have run into that here too with the 180c -10.
Big issue is when you print over them with a solid dark color.
The print is ruined - you can't heat it out or hide it with matte lam.
I figured it was a printer problem on my end.

wayne k
guam usa