• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The "B" Word...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Just checking in to see how many of you write out a budget for the upcoming year. For the past several years, I just shot from the hip and handled expenses as they arrived, but now that it's becoming more complicated, I need to be a better financial manager.

I've kept good records of the past five years worth of expenses so I have a fairly good idea of what goes out in terms of expenses, but I think I need to be a little more intentional about short and long term planning.

How many of you follow a budget? And, if so, to what degree? (ie Very anal, Anal, Not-so-anal, Hit and miss, or Budget...what's that?)

Jim

Gene@mpls

Budget...what's that?
Everything is paid as it comes in the door- mostly by credit card (I get
4-6 free plane tix a year) and that is paid every month without fail.
So... if there is money in the account- it is mine. Not recommending this-
but I have been in biz for myself since 1979 and it has gotten me through
to social security age.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Still sole prop. looking to switch over to a LLC in the near future. Even then, I'll still retain my responsibility for finances.

Pat Whatley

Not so much a budget as a pricing review. I'll sit down with my monthly statements, figure out what my overhead is, then adjust my pricing accordingly.