• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Colorado 1630..

KEYSER SOZE

The polish is actually called "Oce Cleaner A", it's a polish, I have no idea why they call it a cleaner.

It's an Oce consumable product - Part number 10070056303 - it comes in a nice box with crappy application cloths. Ask your Canon supplier for it.
It's been around longer than the Colorado, they use it on several of their other printers.

Do NOT use the sweet-smelling MB cleaner, it's only for the wipers and heated wiper plate.
Cleaning the platen with IPA (Isopropyl) gets off any gunk, but it does nothing to reduce friction.

Step 1. Give the platen a general wipe over with IPA.
Step 2. Apply Cleaner A to a lint-free cloth and apply to the platen in a circular motion just like you would the bonnet of a car
Step 3. Polish the platen lightly with a dry lint free cloth to remove any excess polish (again, just like a car).
Step 4. That's it ! The platen should feel "as slick as".

It should make an immediate big difference.

Canon/Oce are their own worst enemy when it comes to disseminating field information from their technicians.
We had the exact issues you do, the Cleaner A idea came from headquarters in Europe, it's no big secret but not all the techs are told about it.

Also, use "Piksters" to clean the platen holes (image attached), much better than a paperclip.

Also also, unless you're printing in Specialty mode, always advance the media at least 200mm before printing.

piksters.jpg

pxbrands

The polish is actually called "Oce Cleaner A", it's a polish, I have no idea why they call it a cleaner.

It's an Oce consumable product - Part number 10070056303 - it comes in a nice box with crappy application cloths. Ask your Canon supplier for it.
It's been around longer than the Colorado, they use it on several of their other printers.

Do NOT use the sweet-smelling MB cleaner, it's only for the wipers and heated wiper plate.
Cleaning the platen with IPA (Isopropyl) gets off any gunk, but it does nothing to reduce friction.

Step 1. Give the platen a general wipe over with IPA.
Step 2. Apply Cleaner A to a lint-free cloth and apply to the platen in a circular motion just like you would the bonnet of a car
Step 3. Polish the platen lightly with a dry lint free cloth to remove any excess polish (again, just like a car).
Step 4. That's it ! The platen should feel "as slick as".

It should make an immediate big difference.

Canon/Oce are their own worst enemy when it comes to disseminating field information from their technicians.
We had the exact issues you do, the Cleaner A idea came from headquarters in Europe, it's no big secret but not all the techs are told about it.

Also, use "Piksters" to clean the platen holes (image attached), much better than a paperclip.

Also also, unless you're printing in Specialty mode, always advance the media at least 200mm before printing.

View attachment 155362
Highly appreciate the advice - thank you!

Can't seem to find the polish from our supplier but I'll be giving Canon a shout today. We are UK based so hoping it is available.

Piksters - top notch idea, why didn't we think of that. :)

Adobeanna

Did anyone find this cleaner?? I would like to try it to polish the platen but our supplier didn't know what it was, any advice is appreciated.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Did anyone find this cleaner?? I would like to try it to polish the platen but our supplier didn't know what it was, any advice is appreciated.
Canon supply it. It's apart of the consumable list. Your reseller should sell it also, as it is apart of the consumables.

victor bogdanov

i use it once per week, it is a must imo. Without it material buckles at start of prints and results in carriage strike

10070056303 - CLEANER A, ASSY BOTTLE