• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The NBM Show...should I go?

ChicagoGraphics

I've been to the Indianapolis NBM Show several times over the years and it seems to get smaller and smaller every year. You can walk through it in a couple hours. Only a handful of worthwhile booths I was interested in checking out. The rest all seemed to be geared towards the hobbyist..."buy this rhinestone machine and it will make you a bunch of money" type booths. Also, the venues they have the NBM show aren't large enough for the major manufacturers to bring the big and expensive equipment to. My favorite show that's coming up is Graph Expo at McCormick Place in Chicago! McCormick Place is MASSIVE and all the manufacturers are demoing all the equipment large and small. You can easily spend an entire day or two checking everything out.

Do you need any FREE tickets?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Myself and probably at least one of my guys will head up to the one in Charlotte this year. Its only about an hour and half drive for us though. The Charlotte show is not very big and more geared towards apparel, promo. engraving industries but there is usually a small amount of sign business related booths as well. I've seen some of the suppliers setup there before like N Glantz and I think I heard Fellers had setup there one year. Just looking at the list one their website for this year it looks like the only wide format printer manufacturer there is Mimaki, for sign suppliers it looks like All Square is the only one. There is a good pile of manufacturers of substrates, inks, signs stands, software (SAi is on the list) and whatnot as well. Not much to see for equipment or suppliers though.

Oh and I'll echo what others have said. For conventions make sure to only give your actual shop name and address for registration. For phone and email use something special or you will be added to a gob of spam and call lists.

bttweb

NBM philly

attended the show 1st week of sept. this year... yes its a much smaller show compared to Chicago and Vegas signs shows...

but mimaki was there and showed their JFX200 uv LED flatbed at a good price point..

not sure if they will bring it down to charlotte..

also EFI and some Roland distros