• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The next most overused font?

the graphics co

Let's change this up a little, what are your predictions for the next most overused font. My opinion on the last couple years is below. I don't have a feel yet for the upcoming, perhaps street script?

2009-2010: Bleeding Cowboys
2010-2011: Knockout
2011-2013: Lobster
2014-2015: LHF Street Script?

the graphics co

Let's change this up a little, what are your predictions for the next most overused font. My opinion on the last couple years is below. I don't have a feel yet for the upcoming, perhaps street script?

2009-2010: Bleeding Cowboys
2010-2011: Knockout -- Veneer -- anything with a grunge knockout on a bold sans serif
2011-2013: Lobster
2014-2015: LHF Street Script?

2010-2011: Knockout -- Veneer -- anything with a grunge knockout on a bold sans serif

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/schizotype/streetscript/

It's not a free commercial rights open font so I don't see it being overused ... it's nice though, I may spend $50 on that.

The one I see being overused in the next 2 years will be vine tattoo inspired fonts. I've had about 5 requests for it in the last 4 months (people don't want to pay to use it though ....) ... so if a free version for commercial use comes out ... lord all mighty ... We all will hate that.

the graphics co

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/schizotype/streetscript/

It's not a free commercial rights open font so I don't see it being overused ... it's nice though, I may spend $50 on that.

The one I see being overused in the next 2 years will be vine tattoo inspired fonts. I've had about 5 requests for it in the last 4 months (people don't want to pay to use it though ....) ... so if a free version for commercial use comes out ... lord all mighty ... We all will hate that.

good point about not being free, love the font though lots of alternate letters and glyphs to choose from.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I like Ollie and Gelato ... but I try not to get too into nice brush scripts ... it hits summer and it seems that's all I use with all the sports that go on in this town ... so I might forgo getting them for a while so they stay nice to me. Besides, lately it seems I've been needing to make my own ussually from a custom pattern stroke. silly stuff, but almost required.