• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The right type laminator?

Aardy54@54-Design

Acquired a Roland pc-60 for smaller 1-off and small qty digi print decals for the motorsports community that got me started into the sign making / vinyl graphics business in the first place. Now being most of the print decals will be motorsports application, laminating would be best - would this type http://cgi.ebay.com/Laminex-MiniKot...ryZ25317QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (not necessarily this particular one) of laminator be my best option for laminating Oracal 751 print decals?

alanzhao

Oracal 751 is not recommended for printing, use Orajet 3651 instead with Oraguard 210 or 215 laminate.

Big squeegee!

woolly

never tried 751c in my pc60 cos i get on so well with image perfect 5700.
i woluld have thought that a laminator was a over kill as you wont be printing. any great distances and very easy to hand laminate short lengths.

nerver tried the big squeege but could be just the job.
frog juice works well on thermal resin.
also contour cutting after laminating on the pc60 has no reg marks to work to, can be done but not as easy as say a versa camm or simular.

woolly