• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Sums of MIMAKI Experience.

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
I try to summarize the information I found in this forum and probably some of the most experienced MIMAKI users will advise correcting this list.
This thread I hope will be interesting for folks who go to buy/upgrade new Mimaki.

By the reading of other threads I found the next Lists of core equipment/materials:

for Print/Cut Car Wrap Shop
- MIMAKI JV150 (Small Car Wrap shop) or MIMAKI JV300 (Shop with not only car wrap jobs)
- MIMAKI Plotter/Cuter CG-130SRII (The 54" wide will be Ok)
- Laminator (Definitely 60" wide).
INK: ECO Solvent SS21
MATERIALS: 3M IJ180 (3-5years)/ IJ40 (5-7 years)/ IJ480 (Expencive!)
RIP: RasterLink (Ok for JV150), ONYX PrintShop (For JV300)

for Flat Surface Print Shop (Canvas, Posters, Wallpapers, Stickers)
- MIMAKI UCJV300 (I didn't found anything about UJV printer without cuter)
- MIMAKI Plotter/Cuter CG-130SRII (increase production speed)
- Laminator (60" wide).
INK: UV LUS-170 (Still need advice about real use experience LUS-200)
MATERIALS: This is UV baby - Anything except Car Wraps.
RIP: ONYX PrintShop (because of white ink support)

All information subject for discussion and all advice more than welcome!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We dont' have experience using Onyx but Rasterlink can do a lot for the UCJV300 white ink configuration. Even with clear. I would choose CMYKCLWH over CMYKLCLMWH. I would stay with Rasterlink vs Onyx.

UCJV300 - Always matte finish except the gloss effect. You can't make gloss prints on banners anymore.

JV300 - Right on the money. I would still use Rasterlink over ONYX

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
Super. I agree with money economy instead of onyx too.

the question about UCJV300 did you try make car wrap print on this Mimaki?

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
We dont' have experience using Onyx but Rasterlink can do a lot for the UCJV300 white ink configuration. Even with clear. I would choose CMYKCLWH over CMYKLCLMWH. I would stay with Rasterlink vs Onyx.
UCJV300 - Always matte finish except the gloss effect. You can't make gloss prints on banners anymore.
JV300 - Right on the money. I would still use Rasterlink over ONYX

...the question about UCJV300 did you try make car wrap print on this UV Mimaki?