• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thermoflex

derrickcurry

How do you layer different colors of Thermoflex onto a shirt? Do you need to combine the cuts before putting them on the shirt or just put them on one at a time?

Last edited:
E

exsigns

there is a specialty transfer tape, i used it for multicolor.... still pain in a neck! now then i have multicolor transfer i just print it on white & transfer as one piece

E

exsigns

oh yeah & you'll probably need to tweak the overlaps so there is only 1 thickness of a color on the whole shirt

BrookeWall

I do this all the time, I put them on one at a time if they are layered or are very near each other and have never had a problem with it. I have used many different brands and have never had a problem with any of them. Just be sure not to overheat it when in layers (bubbling can occur if it overheats, I have seen and even redone LOTS of sports uniforms out there with this problem.) Of course, always be sure to use a teflon sheet to protect any areas on the first layer(s) that are not protected by your next layer. If you are printing onto nylon, let the item completely cool before adding the next layer.

NH Signman

To do multi color overlay...cut the colors to overlap slightly-unless you can be dead on perfect to align them. Usually just pulling off the backing on the first color tweaks the shirt out of 'square' and you can't align perfect pieces. So cut oversize. Reset your press time to half, practice a little. All you want is enough time to tack down the colors, one at a time. Heat, peel quick, then lay down the next color. When you have all colors tacked down, the 'last' color done gets full press time. Occasionally if you figure the design right, you can cut excess backing out of the way and stick multi colors all together...I've done it. But printing and diecutting full color on the versacamm saves a lot of time. You can diecut each individual piece-don't need to do it as a 'patch' if you have time to do the weeding.