• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

These turkeys got lucky!

Mosh

This is my "backyard" One of these guys are my wife's family bird tomorrow. (these pic were taken last feb) I supply the bird, but don't go up.
dotpics1_001.jpg

dotpics1_002.jpg

JR's

Mosh your backyard looks pretty cool, it's tough seeing the turkeys. I hope the bird that your cooking is not from last February.
Did you already shoot a turkey or are you going to shoot it tomorrow.

J.R. :)

Mosh

Freezer. I have deer, hog, pheasant, lots of stuff in there. You think the turkey you buy in the store was killed yesterday? The best part is the guy down the road leases his property out for hunting. Well these morons come in from the "big city" all dressed in camo, pay $1,000's to sit out in the cold to shoot a turkey. Then I hop in my truck, drunk as a skunk, drive out in my feild and get a turkey in like 5 minutes. I always tell these hunters Davie Crocket didn't have all that camo crap on.

JR's

Well it depends where we buy our turkey from. If We get it from the supermarket it's frozen no clue how long. But if you get it from Helgers farm they will kill it for you . Or I could ask permission from Mr. Chase which owns the farm across the street if I could go hunting on his property and I could bag a turkey and not for $1000. You Should make a sign saying turkey hunting. And sell some time.

Mosh

It is a big deal around here leasing property for hunting. Land that is not good for anything people are getting big money leasing it out to outfitters. I don't want a bunch of people on my propety, and don't need the extra money. Fresh bird would be the best, but I had this one in there so...The key on hunting turkeys is to shoot them in the head, most guys go fo a body shot to make sure they get it. Then you have the shot in the meat. Most of the time I can get 20 yards from a turkey and hit it with my .22. No shotgun needed.

JR's

You can shoot a Turkey in the ahead With a 22, that is good shooting Mosh.
Depends on what time of the year I could go in my front yard and wack a Turkey in the head with a bat. You just got to watch out for the Tom's. Sometimes they stand in your front yard all day pecking at your car.

Mosh

Eating Raoul is a wierd show, but cool.
Depends on how many beers I have had if I an get a turk in the head with a 22. 1-3 none, 4-7 as many as I wish, over 7 beers watch out.....did I mention have a 50 round clip on a semi-auto 22

JR's

Mosh hunting with you must be like hunting with Dan Quayle. Or I think it was Dan Quayle that shot someone in the face while hunting.

JR's

I'll tell you what you'll get, you get a nasty tasteing Turkey for Thanksgiving.
And a lot of broken teeth.

JR. :)

Mosh

Mosh hunting with you must be like hunting with Dan Quayle. Or I think it was Dan Quayle that shot someone in the face while hunting.
You are thinking of Dick Cheneye (sp) and they where hunting pheasants. BTW turkeys don't have teeth silly!!!

Mosh

The Moosh can not tell a lie. I feed these turkeys grain and potein pellets all year, so they are almost tame. Same with the deer, foxes and other critters on our place. Not any worse than commercialy raising them, at least they get to run free. I don't shoot the ones that let us pet them, only the ones that don't.

BTW they taste better when they eat my mix over just feeding in the wild!

B-RAD Graphics

hey mosh is it true you have to shoot in the head..caz it wont penetrate thru there feathers?..well at least a shotgun...o yeah and they are stupid birds LOL at my shop 1o of them dam near walked rt in my shop hahaha