• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thick clear printable plastic

Mainframe

I just got a printed sample from a customer, it is thick clear printable plastic sheet about 4'x4'. Has anyone ever printed on anything like this? It looks like it started out as a clear sheet & they did a digital print on it. It is the first time I have seen one of these, Anyone know if I could find something like this to run through my VP 540?

spectracolor

I just got a printed sample from a customer, it is thick clear printable plastic sheet about 4'x4'. Has anyone ever printed on anything like this? It looks like it started out as a clear sheet & they did a digital print on it. It is the first time I have seen one of these, Anyone know if I could find something like this to run through my VP 540?

Are you talking about LEXAN? (for backlit lightbox)
If yes, I believe you can print on them.
If it's harder surface, then you'll need flatbed.

artbot

10 mil is basically thick pc film. if you find out, pm me. i'm about to do some stuff that i'd rather print on thin rigid plastic... i figured i'd use .020 polycarb with a custom coating.

Mainframe

:U Rock:Malkin that is it! Thanks a bunch! I have been doing some work for Lionsgate Films on an upcoming movie called "Abduction" I am getting some crazy & interesting requests for sure, I did a sandblasted sign for a drive by scene & making a bunch of pounce patterns for other signs, now they asked me if this product was available, looks like Fellers & Proveer stock it in my area, Thanks again! :U Rock:
Would this work?
http://www.magicinkjet.com/product_140.html
It's only 6.5 Mils, but might do the trick