• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thickest banner / canvas material

Impact Color

Hi all! Thanks for looking at this post. I have a Roland truevis vg2 540. I’m trying to do a banner or canvas that can easily fold for mailing. Size would be 6ft x 4ft. I would need a thin material. What is the thinnest material of canvas or banner I can print on?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I'm aware of 13 oz scrim 1-sided, 15oz 2-sided, and 18oz- 2sided
Not sure off hand what the thickness of our canvas is, but it's thinner than the 13oz banner, and way more expensive. There's also Ulta flex super smooth (we use that for retractable banners).
That said... You don't want to fold banners ever. It needs to be shipped in a roll. It's only 4 feet... Not like Grand format... Like 10ft by 20' ... That has to be folded.
6x4 is little.
Roll it up and put it in a tube.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
unfortunately nothing printed on the Roland is likely going to fold well. Like others said you need to roll it unless you want creases.

What you're likely looking for is dye sublimated fabric as you can fold that and mail it but that's a completely different print setup.

APCInk

Merchant Member
Hi all! Thanks for looking at this post. I have a Roland truevis vg2 540. I’m trying to do a banner or canvas that can easily fold for mailing. Size would be 6ft x 4ft. I would need a thin material. What is the thinnest material of canvas or banner I can print on?
Ultraflex has 8oz Superprint but the previous poster was correct folding isn't great

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I outsourced a 30ft x 10ft banner and it was shipped to me on a roll. That sucker was HEAVY! I had to use a prybar to open the shipping tube.
I always dread having to load a fresh new FULL roll of Banner or Dreamscapes wall paper into the printer. They are like over 80lbs.

When we outsource banners that are too large for us to print, they come folded. I've got one sitting here. One time I can recall, they came on a roll.... it was brutal.

DL Signs

Never go against the family

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Is there any cloth material that can be printed on the Roland truevis vg2 540?
There's a bunch. You just need to buy a top-coated fabric so the ink sits in the coating and not soaking into the thread. There are a good number of fabrics coated this way which are relatively wrinkle free (it might take just a few minutes for wrinkles to fall out). Sonoma Graphics has a nice variety of them and they have a location in LA now. If you need a contact, hit me up. I'd help you directly but by the time I ship something from the Midwest out to you, the freight would be stupid.