• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thickest material die cut on a fc9000

victor bogdanov

True but what if you had to do 50 banners in a special shape. Could you die cut 13 ounce material with a graphtec 9000?
That's what a flatbed cutter is for.

I doubt you'll be able to do it on a Graphtec, the blade will cut through but the material will bunch up after being cut due to the weight of the banner material.

I've cut 10mil mylar, that is about as thick as banner material but the mylar had a backer, cutting through the backer everything skewed and bunched up when feeding back and forth in the graphtec

netsol

use some sort of repositionable adhesive to attach banner to a backer?
i have never had to do it, but, preferably something that would wash off AFTERWARDS with isopropyl,
acetone or MEK?

Joe House

That's a job for a flatbed. I'd hate to have to glue banner material on to a liner for 50 banners - that's like working awfully hard to make a Sawzall do the job of a screwdriver

Bob Thomasson

use some sort of repositionable adhesive to attach banner to a backer?
i have never had to do it, but, preferably something that would wash off AFTERWARDS with isopropyl,
acetone or MEK?
I don't think it was an FC9000 but someone here mentioned cutting heavy sandblast mask material by devising flat infeed and outfeed tables so that the material stays flat and doesn't sag when being fed back and forth so that the drag on the feed rollers is minimized.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
This is not a job for the FC9000.

Straight Edge and a knife/blade if you dont have the right equipment to cut banner.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Yes you can cut Banner Material on the Graftec 8600 and 9000.
Back the pressure off by 5 from vinyl cutting and keep speed at about 30.
Cut in the channel not on the strip.

netsol

yes, i suppose it is
just looking for a "plan B"
it's what i do
This is not a job for the FC9000.

Straight Edge and a knife/blade if you dont have the right equipment to cut banner.
straight edge and a knife does a lousy job on irregular shapes, ovals, etc

BigNate

I cut banners from the UltraFlex material on the fc9000 all the time... care must be taken to use a very sharp blade, set the depth to cut all but a few fibers - and go slow, I set the speed to 10 for banners and have a perf pattern a of about 1"up to .02" down. Use the segment correction for cutting. I normally tell customers a 48" is the max I can cut from the 54" material, so there is room for a slight drift when cutting (the cut is accurate because of the segment correction)

play with the settings some - I print 2-3 rolls of banners a month, and everything is cut on the fc9000.

BigNate

I cut banners from the UltraFlex material on the fc9000 all the time... care must be taken to use a very sharp blade, set the depth to cut all but a few fibers - and go slow, I set the speed to 10 for banners and have a perf pattern a of about 1"up to .02" down. Use the segment correction for cutting. I normally tell customers a 48" is the max I can cut from the 54" material, so there is room for a slight drift when cutting (the cut is accurate because of the segment correction)

play with the settings some - I print 2-3 rolls of banners a month, and everything is cut on the fc9000.
..oops! I reversed the direction when typing - it should be: about1" down to about .02"up (but 'up' is relative as you still want a cut, but not all the way through. The down part must be a through cut, the up should be all but a few fibers.