• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking about buying Graphtec FC8600-130

Dennis422

One thing, my previous employer is selling it. I know that the cutter is in a great condition, a workhorse.
Is $3800 too much?
I attached their listing from DigitSm..
Try to bring the price down a bit? New one is $6400, so this seems like a decent deal.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 11.04.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 11.04.36 AM.png
    580.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 11.04.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 11.04.43 AM.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 103

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Since you worked for him, maybe you can get it for closer to 3k... maybe that means he'll charge you full price, lol.

Either way it's a decent deal, especially since you know some history of the machine. It's always a crapshoot buying used, even when it's "good" equipment, so I'd say there's some value in knowing where it came from.

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
In my experience with Graphtec machines, especially the 8000-8600 Series the pinch roller assemblies will eventually fail due to cracks. The part the cracks is these little tabs that fit into the aluminum rail. Once these crack they will not be able to hold the vinyl in place, the material will start to walk on you while cutting. Graphtec has discontinued making these parts for this series and they are only available from 3rd party mfgs on Aliexpress if at all. For what they are, they are not cheap, but an end user can replace them if your careful, though it is a pain. Before you purchase check to see if there is any movement left to right when the pressure is down, if there is you should factor in replacing all of them as if one is broken, the others will be soon eventually.

Dennis422

Since you worked for him, maybe you can get it for closer to 3k... maybe that means he'll charge you full price, lol.

Either way it's a decent deal, especially since you know some history of the machine. It's always a crapshoot buying used, even when it's "good" equipment, so I'd say there's some value in knowing where it came from.
Me working for him might get me closer to $4000 :) I screwed up pretty good sized job. At least he thinks that way.
I went through someone else to ask, looks like the sale is about to go through. It is marked as pending on the Marketplace.