• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking of buying a 9000....any thoughts/suggestions?

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi all, Ive found a decent deal on an epson 9000 and was hoping for some insight from current owners......

I will be using it for indoor foam core signs/banners/easel backs.

My main question is: can I use standard vinyl's? the same material I use in my falcon 2 solvent printer??

Thanks!

MachServTech

My main question is: can I use standard vinyl's? the same material I use in my falcon 2 solvent printer??

Thanks!

You need to do your homework on this one. Going from solvent to aqueous causes you to have to pay much much more in material and ink costs, also the production from the epson "9000" will not be outdoor durable.

The upside is you should have much better image quality with no banding and a massively increased color gamut.

G-Artist

According to FLAAR and a few others the Epson prints die rather immediately in the sun but they produce excellent photo-realistic quality.

Indoor graphics are where it shines.

paul luszcz

The Epson 9000 is (was) famously slow, with high quality prints that faded quickly, even indoors in the sun. A UV laminate should help or solve the fading, but it's not meant as a production machine. It's great for high quality, low,(really low) volume, such as art prints.