• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking of getting a used Summa S75 T-Series and had questions.

DNG247

Hello all I'm in the the market for a vinyl cutter to pair with my large format printer with just purchased and had a couple questions that I believe this you guys can answer.
So the plotter I'm thinking about is the S75 T-Series.

1. How well does it work with Flexi
2. How well does it do Knockout/Perforated couture cuts.

Any and all help well be greatly appreciated.

Saturn

Aging Member
That was the very first piece of equipment I bought, used off Craigslist too. Winplot works great, Flexi works great, Onyx works great.

This will sound harsh until you've read all the posts about contour cutting on here, but a lot of people apparently don't have the patience or aptitude for getting good results on the Summa. So be warned that it's not a plug-and-play machine. It WILL take you a fair amount of time to dial in all your processes and really get used to running it.

I wouldn't trade mine for anything though. I do die-cut stickers pretty much exclusively, to the tune of 10-15k pieces a week.

Lot of good posts on here about both Summas and Graphtecs. Make sure you read them all before making a decision!

SameDay Signs

That was the very first piece of equipment I bought, used off Craigslist too. Winplot works great, Flexi works great, Onyx works great.

This will sound harsh until you've read all the posts about contour cutting on here, but a lot of people apparently don't have the patience or aptitude for getting good results on the Summa. So be warned that it's not a plug-and-play machine. It WILL take you a fair amount of time to dial in all your processes and really get used to running it.

I wouldn't trade mine for anything though. I do die-cut stickers pretty much exclusively, to the tune of 10-15k pieces a week.

Lot of good posts on here about both Summas and Graphtecs. Make sure you read them all before making a decision!
feel free to give me some tips and tricks on die cutting them LOL...i run an s2 d140 and LOVE IT but damn perf cutting is a bitch

DNG247

Thanks for the advice. Pulled the trigger on a S2 T160. Pairing it with a VJ 1624x going into the sticker/decal biz. Saturn if you have any advice I will gladly take it.....

Saturn

Aging Member
Saturn if you have any advice I will gladly take it.....

Any problems come up, just keep plugging away at them! It's not rocket science, and someone has already made it work with the same tools, so all you need is patience and hard work. (And a couple huge clients....) ;p

DNG247

Any problems come up, just keep plugging away at them! It's not rocket science, and someone has already made it work with the same tools, so all you need is patience and hard work. (And a couple huge clients....) ;p
Thank you.

DNG247

I got lucky and was able to get a brand new Summa S2 T160 for a little over 9 grand. Now looking for all the tips and tricks on it.

Tatonka

I got lucky and was able to get a brand new Summa S2 T160 for a little over 9 grand. Now looking for all the tips and tricks on it.
follow the calibration instructions in the manual to the letter. Thickness of your material matters greatly over any kind of distance, so you need to set a profile for each thickness of material if you want to have accurate cuts. Also take your time in calibrating the tangential knife. It can be a pain and kind of finicky, but once you get it right the results are excellent.

2.2.4 details calibrating the tangential knife.
2.4 details calibrating the thickness of the material, if you need to be that accurate. My products have to be annoyingly accurate, so I do this calibration for every single thickness of material.