• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking of trading

rfulford

I cut vinyl on the side with a Gerber Envision 375 that I picked up about 2 years ago. It is not a conflict of interest with my current company since we do not offer cut vinyl. I am thinking of trying to sell my Envision 375. I love the machine but it is only 15" wide and I do not have an Edge or a copy of Omega to pair it with. I would like something wider since I have to reject a job or two on occasion. I am thinking at least 24". The Envision works extremely well but is a bit ugly cosmetically. I have searched Ebay and see that these machines are selling for $3-5k used. It seems to me that I should be able to sell this machine if I can indeed get a good price for it and switch to a 24" Graphtec. I know that the Envision sells for $12k new versus less than $2k for a new graphtec CE5000. I can't help but wonder what makes the Envision so expensive and is there something I will miss later on by moving to a friction feed Graphtec? My longest typical cut at the moment is around 30 feet but this is just 1' tall lettering. I do not think I have done a single continuos cut longer than 3'.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have a 24" Gerber plotter we don't ever use here if you're interested, we run our Envision375 all day long, but it works perfect with our EdgeFX machine. They're so expensive because they last forever and always cut perfectly with sprocket feed. Our Graphtec FC8000 is way worse quality-wise.